I recently went shopping for a day planner in hopes of finding something a little more robust than what I currently have, and when I couldn’t find one that had everything I was looking for I decided to make my own! I basically combined my passions for design, eating well and the four seasons into this piece, and am so pleased and excited about how it turned out. So I added a few more features and am now selling it, too!
The theme of it is In Season and celebrates the foods that are in season (like the calendar I designed last year) and offers suggestions on when to grow what, how to enjoy each month and lists the farmers markets in Metro Vancouver, plus more…
While I designed it for myself, I think any local food lover, grower, farmers market shopper, stationary enthusiast – and anyone who wishes to live in harmony with the seasons – would enjoy it as well.
The 2017 In Season day planner features:
- charming seasonal quotes to introduce each month
- the full moons in their traditional names
- a list of Metro Vancouver farmers markets
- a resource guide for what’s in season, and when
- monthly reminders for when to sow your garden seeds
- reminders for when BC delicacies are available (ie. BC Spot prawns, fiddleheads)
- other reminders include when to consider a detox, when to book summer camping, etc.
- ideas on how to take in the joys of every month
- BC celebration days and statutory holidays
- a list of the Clean 15 and Dirty 12
It’s available to order now, and if you want it by Christmas, Blurb.ca recommends placing orders by December 9 (however, I personally recommend allowing even more time than that!).
***Also, really important: The growing suggestions, and the farmers market and what’s in season guides are relevant to residents of Metro Vancouver, British Columbia! So if you’re not from this area, I wouldn’t recommend this day planner for you 🙂